What are chemical peels?
Chemical skin peel is a simple procedure wherein chemical solutions remove the top layer of your skin. This gives you smoother, glowing skin while dealing with your major skin concerns. The chemical peels for the face are customisable cosmetic procedures tailor-made for your skin type, tone, and concern. The procedure exfoliates and peels off the outer layer of your skin to reveal smoother and less damaged skin underneath. Chemical peels are of different types, and the severity of your skin concern determines the one that best suits you.
What are the types of chemical peels?
The chemical peels are of three types. Our skin experts choose the most appropriate peel for you depending on your skin type, tone, and concern.
- Superficial peels: In these peels, mild acids like alpha-hydroxy acids are used to gently exfoliate your skin. Superficial peels penetrate only the outermost layer of your skin. Dry skin, rough skin, uneven skin colouring, sun-damaged skin, acne, fine lines, and wrinkles are generally treated through superficial peels.
- Medium peels: These peels make use of glycolic and trichloroacetic acid to reach the middle and the outer layer of your skin. This is a more effective peel treatment that removes the damaged cells of your skin. Moderate peels target age spots, skin discolouration, fine-to-moderate wrinkles, and acne scarring.
- Deep peels: In these peels, trichloroacetic acid and phenol are used that penetrate the middle layer of your skin completely to remove the damaged skin cells. These peels target skin concerns like extensive sun damage, wrinkles, fine lines, deep acne scars, actinic keratosis, and blotchy skin.
How is a chemical peel done?
Different types of chemical peels are used in different ways depending upon the severity of the chemicals used during the procedure.
- Light peels remove only the outer layer of your skin.
- In these peels, a chemical solution (like salicylic acid) is applied over your skin with a cotton ball, brush, or gauze.
- This whitens your skin and may cause a slight stinging sensation on your face.
- After the procedure is done, a neutralising solution is applied, or the chemical solution is removed from your face.
- These peels give your skin a fresh and smooth look.
- The procedure removes the upper part of the middle layer of your skin.
- In these peels, the chemical solution (like trichloroacetic acid and glycolic acid) is applied with a cotton-tipped applicator, special sponge, or gauze.
- Trichloroacetic acid is used with blue colour and is, thus, commonly known as the blue peel.
- A cool compress is also applied to your skin during this procedure.
- You may feel a burning or stinging sensation for around 20 minutes.
- There is no need to apply a neutralising solution in this procedure.
- These peels are used under sedation.
- Phenol is applied to your skin with the help of a cotton-tipped applicator.
- The procedure is done in 15 minutes so that your exposure to acid is limited.
- The chemical used during deep peel penetrates to the lower middle layers of your skin.
- It gives the most dramatic result to your skin.
- Deep peels generally need a longer time to recover.
- It requires pretreatment of 8 weeks before deep peels.
- Deep peels are only done once on your skin.
What skin concerns can be targeted using chemical peels?
Chemical peels are an effective skin treatment that can target your major skin concerns and treat them effectively. These peels improve the tone and texture of your skin. The treatment is done on your neck, face, and hands. The major benefits that chemical peels can provide you include:
- It can target fine lines present around your mouth and under your skin caused due to ageing, sun damage or hereditary.
- It can smoothen your face wrinkles that develop due to ageing, hereditary reasons, and sun damage.
- Chemical peels can lighten your acne and acne scars.
- Mild scarring can be treated through chemical peels.
- It can treat liver spots, age spots, sun spots, uneven skin tone, and freckles.
- Actinic keratosis, that is, precancerous scalp spots, can be treated through chemical peels.
- It can target dull complexion, scaly patches, and rough skin.
- Treats melasma or the dark patches caused because of birth control pills and pregnancy.
What do chemical peels cost in Gurgaon?
The chemical peels cost in Gurgaon is variable. The price of your treatment largely depends on the skin concern you want to target, your skin type, and skin tone. The price also depends on the expertise of the performing doctor and the centre where you get your treatment done.
Why choose Dr’s Point?
Dr’s Point is one of Gurgaon's best chemical peel treatment centres. We prioritise our clients over everything, and thus we leave no stone unturned to make our clients feel comfortable and satisfied. We are a multi-speciality centre with a team of dedicated doctors who are our skin experts. We aim to use advanced technology, a safe and secure environment, giving quality service, and consultation from expert doctors to get the best possible results from your treatment.